All sweet treats don’t need to be saved for your cheat day. These quick and easy protein flapjacks will satisfy your cravings, stave off the guilt and give you a protein hit all in one fell swoop. Three birds with one stone, lovely. For other foods that can help you build muscle read our guide to high-protein foods.
Protein Flapjacks Recipe
- 120g rolled oats
- 100g Meridian peanut butter
- 60g whey protein powder
- 125-150g skimmed milk (almond milk and other % fat milks can be used instead but weights may vary)
- 15g acacia honey
- Place whey and oats into large bowl; mix together
- Add milk and peanut butter and mix together until evenly mixed
- Add honey and stir evenly through mixture
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and drizzle a touch of coconut oil
- Spread mixture onto paper (1-3cm thickness)
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees C (gas mark 5)
- 10-12 minutes in oven
- Remove, slice and leave to cool
- Protein: 85g
- Carbohydrate: 110g
- Fat: 55g
To create a more calorific protein flapjack, simply use a mass-gainer style protein powder instead of whey, opt for full fat milk, top with a nut butter and add a handful of blueberries to the mixture.
RECOMMENDED: The Best High-Protein Diets
Thanks to ldnmuscle.com for the recipe.